Field Notes Expedition
|Release Date:||First released::Winter 2012|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-17|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 57#T "White"|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Expedition|
Description[edit | edit source]
The popularity of the Field Notes Colors "Expedition" (FNC-17) brought the unique and versatile design into the shop as a stock product. The highly resilient paper and cover have been used around the globe, in the worst conditions.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Stromberg Allen & Company, Tinley Park, Ill.
02. Cover: Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 74#C “Bright White,” with thick, brute force applications of “Polar Circle Gray” and “Hi-Visibility Orange” soy-based Superior inks, coated with a clear protective varnish.
03. Innards: Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 57#T “White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Cartographer’s Gray” soy-based Superior ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Man Roland 700 perfecting 40" 4-color press.
05. Bound by a Muller Martini “Bravo Plus” 4-pocket stream-fed saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
06. Corners precisely rounded to a ⅜" (9.5mm) radius with a Consolidated 250 hydraulic die-cutting machine.
07. Dot-graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. UPC 858493003127 
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Taken from the official Expedition Memo Book page https://fieldnotesbrand.com/products/expedition