Field Notes Byline
|Release Date:||First released::Summer 2016|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-31|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Cougar Natural 70#T vellum ruled|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::25,000 packs|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Byline|
Description[edit | edit source]
The “Byline” Edition is Field Notes' 31st limited release, for Summer 2016. This edition is Wire-O-Bound and lays flat.
Field Notes studied existing Reporter’s Notebooks and updated and improved the design. Traditional notebooks are Gregg-ruled, but the Byline edition is using lighter Collegiate ruling. The diameter of the binding has been customized, as have the die-cut holes that the binding passes through, for maximum “flippability.” A pocket has been added to the back cover which makes for a thicker and more stable hand-held writing surface, and also offers a place for storage. 
Subscribers also receive a "Power of the Pen" laptop sticker (FNC-31b), which is a sticker rendition of the "eagle with pen and lightning" logo found on the cover of the edition.
This edition has since become a stock product, with slight tweaks to design, as the "Front Page (FN-30)."
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: Neenah Environment 120#DTC “Wrought Iron” with a brute force application of “Federal Blue” soy-based Saphira ink.
03. Innards: Cougar Natural 70#T vellum ruled with “Double Knee Duck Canvas” soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
05. Bound with bombproof Renz “Double-O” Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. College Ruled Lines: 9/32" (7.1 mm).
08. Notebook dimensions: 3–3/4"× 8-1/4" (95mm x 210mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.