|Website||The Pen Addict, Nock Co.|
Brad Dowdy (born August 21, 1971) is a Macon, Georgia based podcaster, blogger, and businessman. He is best known for having created and run The Pen Addict and Nock Co. He is also the host of Pen Addict Podcast with Myke Hurley
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
It has been mentioned in his podcast that Brad Dowdy worked at a golf course in his early life.
Career[edit | edit source]
Blogging[edit | edit source]
In 2007, Dowdy founded and began writing for The Pen Addict which features weekly updates on stationery news and product reviews. He still manages the website and over time has brought additional writers on-board to write additional content.
Podcasting[edit | edit source]
In 2010, Dowdy, alongside "seasoned expert podcast-world king" Myke Hurley, created the The Pen Addict Podcast which launched on the 70Decibels network. The podcast focuses on current pen and stationery related topics, with weekly follow-up segments.
In May of 2015, The New York Times consulted with Brad Dowdy when discussing the Uni-ball Signo "UM-151", and asked him to offer his opinion on the pen.
In April of 2017, WNYC named The Pen Addict podcast one of the most niche podcasts that they've observed.
Nock Co.[edit | edit source]
On September 30, 2013, Dowdy and business partner Jeffrey Bruckwicki launched a Kickstarter campaign with a $5000 goal to create a line of made-in-USA pen cases. After one month, they had raised $78,662 and began production on the initial batch of products to fulfill the Kickstarter campaign rewards. On May 26, 2014, Nock Co. moved into their production facility near Atlanta, Georgia and began the first production run shortly thereafter.
Titles[edit | edit source]
Through many episodes of podcasts, Brad has received many special titles and nicknames from hosts, most of which were by Myke Hurley in the opening to The Pen Addict episodes.
- "Founder and Podcaster for 'Pen Addict', Southern Gentleman, and Prince of Pens, Brad Dowdy." (Erasable 49)
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gonzales, Chris. "Brad Dowdy's sweet setup". sparkjournal.net. sparkjournal.net. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- "Pen Addict Podcast #1". Relay Fm.
- Dowdy, Brad. "How a blogger landed his dream job". problogger.com. problogger.com. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Dillet, Romain. "How Relay FM Proves That Podcasts Aren't An Overnight Success". techcrunch.com. techcrunch.com. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Vanderbilt, Tom. "Letter of recommendation Uni Ball Sign UM-151". nytimes.com. nytimes.com. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Basu, Shumita. "Super Niche Podcasts". wnyc.org. wnyc.org. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Swiderska, Kasia. "Brad Dowdy's sweet setup". medium.com. medium.com. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Episode that Brad Dowdy guested on http://www.erasable.us/episode/49/