The Tennis Podcast
The Tennis Podcast is a podcast about tennis. It began production in 2012 with weekly shows throughout the year. During the four annual Grand Slam tennis tournaments - the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open, the podcast airs daily. It is presented by tennis broadcasters David Law and Catherine Whitaker, with discussion about recent tennis news and results, and upcoming matches and tournaments.
Interviews[edit | edit source]
The podcast interviews tennis players and coaches, and other guests. Andy Murray appeared in 2016 and described his first experience of fatherhood. Football coach Jose Mourinho said he shed tears when Murray won Wimbledon.Former footballer David Beckham talked about how his son Romeo had quit football to play tennis.
Crowdfunding[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Slaney, Rowan (2017-05-19). "Being an absolute boss: podcasts of the week". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "The Tennis Podcast: Andy Murray on fatherhood, 10 Years at the top and plans to play into his mid-30s". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "Jose Mourinho talks tennis | Tennishead". www.tennishead.net. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "Andy Murray played tennis with David Beckham's son Romeo". For The Win. 2016-06-13. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "THE TENNIS PODCAST LAUNCHES KICKSTARTER TO CROWFUND 2017 SEASON | 10sBalls | Tennis can't be Tennis without Balls". Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- Sport, Telegraph (2018). "Tennis podcast: Andy Murray's agony - where does he go from here?". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-01-02.