The Distorted View Show
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Distorted View Show (also known as Distorted View, Distorted View Daily, or DV) is an adult-oriented comedy podcast hosted by Tim Henson (Timmy Boo) and broadcast weekdays. The Voicemail Line is 206-666-4463.
|The Distorted View Show|
|Hosted by||Tim Henson|
|Original release||2004 – present|
History[edit | edit source]
Tim Henson (Timmy Boo) began experimenting with Web-based comedy in 1996, and began producing episodes of the Distorted View Show in 2000 through telephony company Tellme, under the name Distorted View Daily. The show was broadcast over telephone to listeners. As its popularity increased, the show was soon featured on several Internet radio broadcasts and on FM radio. The show moved to Mp3NewsBreak in 2002, but the company ultimately collapsed. In 2003, Distorted View partnered briefly with Sirius Satellite Radio. On December 6, 2004, Distorted View began as a podcast and has continued ever since, resulting in over 1,300 episodes of the show.
Features[edit | edit source]
While billed as primarily a podcast that presents bizarre news stories, the Distorted View show also integrates other sources of aberrant material, including audio clips ripped from videos (usually pornographic ones), unusual songs, or the occasional Canadian public service announcement. All of the components of Henson's podcast deal with adult themes, including (but not limited to) sex and sexual fetishes, drugs, domestic violence, unusual accidents, animal abuse, and racism. Henson approaches these topics with parodies, skits, and off-the-cuff commentary. At the end of every episode Tim will play voice mails left for him by his listeners.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- In 2005 and 2006, Distorted View won Best Comedy Podcast at the Podcast Awards.
- In 2007, Distorted View was nominated for Best Comedy Podcast at the Podcast Awards.
- In November 2005, Distorted View was a finalist for Best Podcast in The Weblog Awards.
- Distorted View typically ranks in the top ten user-nominated podcasts each month at Podcast Alley.
- On November 28, 2005, the Columbus Dispatch profiled Henson.
- In 2008, Distorted View won Best Mature Podcast at the Podcast Awards.
References[edit | edit source]
- How Did Distorted View Get Its Start? (Official Site)
- Release notes for last version of MP3NewsBreak
- Podcast Awards Announced
- 2006 People's Choice Podcast Award Winners
- Nominees for 2007 Podcast Awards
- 2005 finalists for Best Podcast at The Weblog Awards
- Top podcast statistics at PodcastAlley.com
- Central Ohioan's shtick earns him award for comedy