Social Media Examiner
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Magazine & blogging|
|Headquarters||Poway, California, U.S.|
|Slogan(s)||"Your guide to the social media jungle"|
|Alexa rank||1938 (November 2013[update])|
Social Media Examiner is a U.S.-based media company, founded by Michael Stelzner. It publishes online magazines, blogs and podcasts about how business people can use social networks, on two websites: SocialMediaExaminer.com and MyKidsAdventures.com. The online magazine publishes original research, has a weekly podcast show and oversees multiple communities for social media marketers. MyKidsAdventures.com publishes information on creative activities, and is aimed at parents and grandparents.
Founder[edit | edit source]
In 2006, Michael Stelzner published his first book, Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep them Engaged. He founded Social Media Examiner with the stated goal of providing free how-to information about social media. In 2011, Stelzner wrote Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition (Wiley).
Reports and Conferences[edit | edit source]
In 2013, 3,000 marketers participated in Social Media Examiner’s study of how marketers and businesses are using social media. The report has been cited in Entrepreneur and Inc. magazine. Social Media Examiner hosts the Social Media Marketing World conference.
Awards[edit | edit source]
Technorati ranks the site as one of the Top 100 Business and Top 100 Small Business blogs. Social Media Examiner has been discussed in several books including, The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal Profitable Network using the Social Web by Mari Smith, and The Entrepreneur’s Information Source Book: Charting the Path to Small Business Success, 2nd ed. by Susan C. Awe.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ "socialmediaexaminer.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- ↑ "About MyKidsAdventures.com". Social Media Examiner.
- ↑ Stelzner, Michael (2006). Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep them Engaged. WhitePaperSource Publishing.
- ↑ "How to Launch a Successful Social Media Strategy". Small Business Guide to Social Media. Experian.
- ↑ Stelzner, Michael (June 21, 2011). Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition. Wiley.
- ↑ "Social Media Marketing Industry Report 2013" (PDF). Social Media Examiner. Retrieved May 2013. Check date values in:
- ↑ Belicover, Michael E. "How Marketers Use Social Media". Entrepreneur. Retrieved April 12, 2011.
- ↑ Rubin, Courtney. "Why Social Media is Really Worth Your Time". Inc. Retrieved April 23, 2010.
- ↑ "Social Media Marketing World". Social Media Examiner. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- ↑ "Blog Directory". Technorati. Archived from the original on October 5, 2013. Retrieved October 2013. Check date values in:
- ↑ Smith, Mari (2011). The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal Profitable Network Using the Social Web. Wiley. p. 139.
- ↑ Awe, Susan C. (2012). The Entrepreneur’s Information Source Book: Charting the Path to Small Business Success, 2nd Ed. ABC-CLIO,Inc. pp. 113, 128.