|Hosted by||Debashish Chakrabarty, Shashi Singh|
|Genre||Society and Culture|
|Original release||May 2007 – present|
About Podbharti[edit | edit source]
Podbharti provides coverage of News & Views about Indian Blogosphere, Indian language blogging, Tools & technology reviews, Indian Culture and the Entertainment Industry. It was co-founded by Indian blogger duo Debashish Chakrabarty (better known as founder of the Indibloggies) and Shashi Singh. Listeners have equated the experience of listening to the podcasts to 70's style radio, reminiscent of Vividh Bharti. The podcast content has a touch of journalism to it.
The first episode of Podbharti was released in May 2007 in which they presented a retrospective talk on Hindi blogging completing 4 years, a nipping primer on the Hindi Transliteration tool introduced by Google in the Blogger.com service and a report on a controversy in the Hindi blogdom where discussions on communalism took an ugly turn adding bitterness to the whole debate.
Apart from downloading podcasts on music devices, users can also hear them online on Podbharti’s website.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "It's a podcast boom".
- "Podbharti: India's First Hindi Podzine". Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Width or without you".
- "Podcasting to be a rage in India".
- "The Most Interesting Hindi Podcast Show". Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Podbharti…first Hindi podcast channel…reminds of 1970s style radio". Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "PodBharti - Hindi podcasting". Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Hindi Podcasting Service PodBharti Launched". Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Hindi podcasts debut with Podbharti launch". Retrieved 2008-08-08.