Lovett or Leave It
|Lovett or Leave It|
File:Lovett or leave it logo.png|
"A week in review recorded in front of a live audience. It’s great."
|Hosted by||Jon Lovett|
|Format||Weekly comedy panel show about politics|
|Original release||March 2017 – present|
|Related shows||Pod Save the People, Pod Save America|
|Website||Lovett or Leave It|
Lovett or Leave It is a weekly podcast hosted by speechwriter and screenwriter Jon Lovett. It is produced by Lee Eisenberg and distributed by Crooked Media. The theme song is by the band Sure Sure. Lovett has described the show as a way to talk about politics in plain language and has called the discussion "very loose."
Format[edit | edit source]
Lovett or Leave It is a live panel show, hosted by Jon Lovett, and with guests from journalism, comedy and politics. Topics in the news from the previous week are discussed by the panel, with a focus on US politics and the administration of President Donald Trump.
The show sometimes opens with an interview with a guest, often a Democratic politician, who doesn't join the panel discussion. Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, former Mayor of Los Angeles Antonio Villaraigosa and actor Rainn Wilson have all been interviewed.
Regular segments[edit | edit source]
- What a week is the opening segment where the panel discuss the previous week's news.
- OK stop, in which a clip of an interview or speech is played, and panelists can pause the clip to offer commentary about its content.
- The rant wheel, in which a topic for discussion is chosen randomly from a set pre-selected by Lovett or suggested by the audience.
- There's just like, so much going on, in which a topic that may not have received much news coverage is discussed.
- Too stupid to be true, where a member of the audience tries to pick whether quotes offered by the panel are real or fake.
- The Russia Stuff, a two-minute segment where the panel discusses the newest developments in the Trump-Russia investigation.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Lovett or Leave It – Crooked Media". Crooked Media. 2017-03-16. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Obama's former speechwriter launches new podcast". iNews. 2017-03-22. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Podcaster Jon Lovett aims to deliver a tonic for our troubled times". Washington Post. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- Verdier, Hannah (2017-03-30). "Lovett or Leave It: the Pod Save America crew take the political panel show and make it funny". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Do not make beet jokes to Rainn Wilson". Metro US. 2017-07-18. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- Orme, Wyatt. "'Pod Save America' star Jon Lovett wants Dems to acknowledge losses". Retrieved 2017-07-30.