This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Litbits is a literary discussion radio programme and podcast, hosted by academic Adam Smyth and literary journalist James Kidd. Guests on the programme have included Polly Russell, Paul Myerscough, Alex von Tunzelmann, Samantha Ellis, Jonathan Beckman, Hallie Rubenhold, Steve Rose, Joe Brooker, Dennis Duncan, Dinah Roe, Giles Milton and Liane Strauss. Subjects covered include Rooms and Procrastination.
Litbits airs on the London radio station Resonance 104.4FM and is broadcast nationally and internationally online. Shows have also been broadcast in Australia on ABC radio's 'Top of the Pods'. Its third season runs from September 2015. The Litbits website archives all radio programmes and contains additional shows.
In 2013 The Guardian described Litbits as one of the best three literary podcasts on the internet, alongside Bookworm and The New Yorker Fiction Podcast. Ola Wihlke of Bear Books said that 'Lit Bits is probably the funniest podcast on literature right now, even if it raises serious literary issues.'
References[edit | edit source]
- "Samantha Ellis: Do men have heroines?". www.samanthaellis.me.uk. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- Duncan, Dennis. "Dennis Duncan | University of Oxford | Podcasts - Academia.edu". oxford.academia.edu. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Lit Bits at 9pm – Literature and Reading – with Dinah Roe". resonancefm.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- Strauss, Liane (26 February 2013). "Liane Strauss on Lit Bits". Liane Strauss.
- "Lit Bits at 9pm – Literature and Rooms". resonancefm.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Lit Bits at 9pm – Procrastination". resonancefm.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Lit Bits on Resonance FM. The Literary Review's Jonathan Beckman discusses Literature and Sex Scenes". resonancefm.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Literature, architecture, litter-pickers, duct tape". Radio National. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- Baddeley, Anna (20 October 2013). "Want to be seen as well read? Then listen to these shows…". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Lit-Bits - rolig, udda och charmig brittisk podcast". bearbooks. Retrieved 2015-08-27.