Jay & Silent Bob Get Old
|Jay & Silent Bob Get Old|
|Hosted by||Kevin Smith|
|Length||Approximately 1 hour|
|No. of episodes||211|
|Original release||August 19, 2010 – present|
|Website||SModcast.com Jay & Silent Bob Get Old|
Jay & Silent Bob Get Old is a weekly podcast featuring filmmaker Kevin Smith and actor Jason Mewes. Released each Wednesday, the podcast features Jason Mewes talking about his drug addictions and sexual adventures. The podcast has toured across the United States and internationally to Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. iTunes named the podcast one of the best podcasts of 2010.
Format[edit | edit source]
The podcast is designed to keep Mewes sober and started several months after Mewes regained his sobriety following a relapse (Vicodin for surgery). He has been sober since June 28, 2010. One of the issues Smith and Mewes have while doing the podcast, is audiences expect them to come in character, while in reality it is styled after a conversation. Another common feature, known as "Let Us Fuck", involves Mewes and audience members demonstrating fake sex positions. Thanks to the success of the podcast and Mewes remaining clean, he has been able to buy a house.
Travel and charity[edit | edit source]
Originally the podcast was based at Universal CityWalk in The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club & Podcast Theatre, until Smith and Mewes took it on tour. Jay & Silent Bob Get Old's 100th podcast was recorded at The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club & Podcast Theatre and proceeds went to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund. The podcast went on tour with Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie in 2013.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ackermann, John (December 7, 2011). "Everyone gets old, even Jay and Silent Bob". News1130. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Cassie, Perri (April 29, 2012). "Live Review: Jay and Silent Bob Get Old - The Palais Theatre (26.04.12)". AU review. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Appleford, Steve (May 10, 2013). "Kevin Smith Takes Jay and Silent Bob on the Road". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Koenig, Abby (January 6, 2012). "Jay and Silent Bob Get Old at the Alamo Drafthouse". Houston Press Blogs. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Dessau, Bruce (February 20, 2012). "Jay & Silent Bob Get Old, Hammersmith Apollo - review". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Savard, Rita (December 25, 2011). "Silent Bob to speak in city podcast". Lowell Sun. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Miller, Ken (August 10, 2011). "Jason Mewes discusses TMI, working with jerk celebrities and whether we'll ever see Jay and Silent Bob again". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- Breathes, William (January 30, 2013). "Jay and Silent Bob's POTcast: Jason Mewes talks about addiction, weed and getting old". Denver Westword Blogs. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Hayden, Mark (January 29, 2013). "Watch Jay & Silent Bob 'Get Old' - Comedy duo to visit FLC, will shed light on success, failures". The Durango Herald. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Wilson, P.F, (May 15, 2012). "Silent Bob Speaks Up Kevin Smith talks podcast, 'getting old'". Citybeat Cincinnati. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Gilbey, Ryan (June 3, 2014). "Kevin Smith: 'If podcasts were movies I'd be up there with Spielberg'". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Skye Fadroski, Kelli (November 16, 2011). "Jay & Silent Bob head to San Juan Capistrano". Orange County Register. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Gaug, Andrew (May 16, 2013). "'Jay and Silent Bob' coming to KC". St. Joseph News-Press. Retrieved 2 June 2014.