Field Notes Workshop Companion
|Release Date:||First released::Summer 2015|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-27|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::French Kraft-Tone 70#T "Standard White Kraft"|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::17,000 boxsets|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Workshop Companion|
Description[edit | edit source]
This 27th Quarterly Edition is a set of six books, boxed in a sturdy 60-pt custom slipcase with a sheet of crack-and-peel decals. Each of the books focuses on one DIY discipline Wood Working, Automotive, Gardening, Painting, Plumbing, and Electrical — each containing tips, reference materials and the usual Field Notes wise-cracking.
The six covers are color-coded to compliment six tones of 100-lb cover stock from the French Paper Company’s terrific new “Kraft-Tone” paper, their first new grade in five years. The 70-lb text Kraft-Tone “Standard White Kraft” body pages feature our dot-graph, and are bound with tough brass staples. Anyone fixing a switch, planting a bush, or painting a door jamb will find these books make a nice addition to their workbench, junk drawer or toolbox.
The boxsets came with decals of each of the workshop focuses (FNC-27a), and a subscriber-only toolbox magnet (FNC-27b).
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Covers: French Paper Company's brand-new Kraft-Tone 100#C "Index Off-White," "Manila Yellow," "Memo Orange," "Ledger Green," "Parcel Wrap," and "Chip Board" with a brute-force application of two soy-based Saphira inks.
03. Innards: French Kraft-Tone 70#T "Standard White Kraft," with a fine, 1-color application of "Maple Lacquer" light brown soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press. Packaged in a custom slipcase manufactured by Jessup Paper Box, Lafayette, Ind.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. Dot-graph: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.