Field Notes Shenandoah
|Release Date:||First released::Fall 2015|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-28|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White"|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::40,000 packs|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Shenandoah|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Shenandoah edition features three green French cover stocks that match the leaf color of three trees found at Shenandoah National Park: the Sweet Birch, the Chestnut Oak, and the Red Maple. Our new friends at Platinum Converting in Itasca, Ill. fused each of the green papers to a contrasting French text-weight paper that matches the tree’s fall foliage.
These extra-sturdy duplexed covers have a classic, beefy feel to them, reminiscent of early Quarterly Editions like Mackinaw Autumn and Just Below Zero. Beefier, actually, since we’ve upgraded our body paper to 60#T Finch Opaque “Bright White,” with a 3/16" graph. Each features an illustration of a leaf on the back with some facts about the tree. The belly band is real birch veneer, just because it looked so darn good with all that green. 
Subscribers also receive three badges with identification leaves to match each book: Sweet Birch (FNC-28a), Chestnut Oak (FNC-28b), and Red Maple (FNC-28c).
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Covers: French Paper Co. “Jellybean Green,” “Gumdrop Green,” and “Factory Green,” 100#C duplex-mounted to “Safety Orange,” “Lemon Drop,” and “Electric Red” 70#T by Platinum Converting, Itasca, Ill. with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Shenandoah Salamander” brown soy-based Saphira ink.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Appalachian Moss” light green soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
08. Memo book dimensions are 3–1/2"× 5–1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.