Field Notes Night Sky
|Release Date:||First released::Summer 2013|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-19|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White"|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::15,000 packs|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Night Sky|
Description[edit | edit source]
The 19th Quarterly Edition celebrates the wonders that cross the summer sky each night. The Night Sky 3-Pack features French Construction “Blacktop” covers, mapping out three sets of constellations that have graced the northern hemisphere summer sky long before “summer” was given a name. Constellations and popular asterisms are highlighted in silver holographic foil. Inside is our usual beloved Finch Opaque text paper, with a new “reticle-graph,” sort of a hybrid of our popular dot-graph and graph papers. It’s all bound together with shiny black staples.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
02. Cover: French Construction 100#C “Blacktop,” with a thick, brute force, 1-Color application of “Stealth Gray” soy-based Toyo ink and holographic hot-stamped foil.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of light gray soy-based Toyo ink.
04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
05. Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 “Stitchmaster” 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
07. Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
08. Reticle-graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
09. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
10. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.