Field Notes Cherry Graph
|Release Date:||First released::Summer 2016|
|Item No.:||Item No::FN-23|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Finch Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White"|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Cherry Graph|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Field Notes Colors "Shelterwood" (FNC-22) edition pioneered a new duplexing method for Field Notes, of applying very thin sheets of wood onto Kraft paper for unique cover experience. This technique was brought into a stock product, duplexing cherry wood for completely unique memo books. The white ink was substituted for black ink on the cover, to easily distinguish from the limited edition variant.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Burke Printing, Lake Forest, Ill.
02. Cover: Graphic Wood Technologies PureVeneer cherry wood veneer, bound to brown kraft paper with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Komori G40 40" 6-color printing press
05. Bound by a Mueller Martini Bravo T 6-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
06. Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a Challenge round-corner machine.
07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
08. Memo book dimensions are 3½" x 5½" (89mm x 140mm).
09. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. UPC 858493003240 
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Taken from the official Front Page Reporter Notebook page https://fieldnotesbrand.com/products/cherry-graph