Field Notes Black Ice
|Release Date:||First released::Winter 2016|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-33|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Paper Fine Smooth 70#T "Bright White"|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::30,000 packs|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Black Ice|
Description[edit | edit source]
Every 3-Pack of Black Ice that was bought through the Field Notes site, shop, or is part of a Year-Long subscription came with an 11×11" sheet of FNC-33b “Gift Concealment Wrap” and an FNC-33c “Adhesive Gift Label” with . The wrapping paper features a 3-color pattern (orange, dark gray, and metallic silver) designed by Aaron Draplin. 
Reception[edit | edit source]
Bleistift's paper test showed that the Paper Fine Smooth 70#T “Bright White” paper can produce dark graphite lines, despite being a very bright white paper, but there were some issues with paper at the bottom of the pages being ripped..
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: Sappi McCoy 100#C Silk with a brute force, 1-color application of “DDC Orange” soy-based Saphira ink with soft-touch varnish.
03. Cover stamped with Crown “Black Ice” foil by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
04. Cover text embossed by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
05. Innards: Finch Paper Fine Smooth 70#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 2-color application of “DDC Orange” and “Frost Gray” soy-based Saphira inks.
06. Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
07. Bound by Specialty Finishing Group, Elk Grove Village, Ill., with the Wohlenberg Quickbinder PUR system with Henkel TechnoMelt PUR 3365 glue and Henkel TechnoMelt GA 007A hinge-side glue.
08. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
09. Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). 48 Pages.
10. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
11. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
12. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
13. UPC 858493003479