Field Notes America the Beautiful
|America the Beautiful|
|Release Date:||First released::Spring 2013|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-18|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Finch Paper Fine 70#T "Soft White"|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::15,000 packs|
|Official Page:||Field Notes America the Beautiful|
Description[edit | edit source]
The inspiration for this set of memo books came from Aaron Draplin's collection of vintage memorabilia. The resulting edition was aimed to pay tribute to the cross-country-road-trip spirit of America, via the vibrant full-color aesthetic of the beautifully-roughhewn memo books and road maps of the 1960s. Notable features of the design includes oversaturated photos, printed on a purposefully out-of-register screen, to harken back to the intended era.
Colorful stock photography of “Spacious Skies,” “Amber Waves,” and “Mountains Majesty” are reproduced in full-color on heavyweight, off-white, Tango-coated one-side covers, and stuffed with 48 pages of burly Finch “Soft White” paper ruled with “Looseleaf Blue” ink. They’re bound together with shiny copper staples, and as always: they’re manufactured in the very nation they celebrate.
The packs also included an "America the Beautiful" water-transfer decal (FNC-18a) to be applied to your camper or cross-country vehicle of choice.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
02. Cover: Mead Westvaco Tango Coated-One-Side blanks with a dirty 100-line-screen 4-color halftone, printed a little out of register on purpose with soy-based Toyo ink. Inside cover hit hard with a 1-color application of “Blood Red” soy-based Toyo ink.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Fine 70#T “Soft White,” with a 1-color application of “School Notebook Cyan” soy-based Toyo ink.
04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
05. Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 “Stitchmaster” 8-pocket saddle stitcher, using (X)-gauge copper wire.
07. Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
08. Ruled lines: ¼" (6.4mm).
09. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
10. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.