Field Notes Ambition
|Release Date:||First released::Winter 2014|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-25|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Cougar Natural 50#T Smooth|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::30,000 packs|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Ambition|
Description[edit | edit source]
Our old friends French Paper Co. of Niles, Michigan supplied “Olive,” “Wine,” and “Chocolate” 100# Speckletone for the covers, with production bouncing around the Midwest for the last few weeks. Printing started in Chicago’s suburbs at eDoc, then the covers were delivered to Nu Wave Diecutting & Finishing in downtown Chicago to emboss the cover logo. After a trip back to eDoc for bindery, they were trucked down to Liberty Book and Bible in Indianapolis for a process nearly as old as bookbinding, but all-new to us!
Subscribers received a special bookmark with this edition (FNC-25a).
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: French Speckletone 100#C "Olive," "Chocolate," and "Wine" with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Ambitious Gold" metallic soy-based Saphira ink.
03. Innards: Cougar Natural 50#T Smooth with a fine application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 2-color printing press.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 105 inline stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
06. Gilded with an Ochsner edge gilder by Liberty Book and Bible, Indianapolis, Ind.
07. Corners rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) and gilded by an Ochsner round corner gilder.
08. Inner pages: 3/16" (4.5mm) graph paper, weekly date book, and ledger.
09. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
10. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.