At Will Radio
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
Will Malnati (CEO)|
Infinite Positivities |
The Secret Room
That One Song
The Love Bomb
At Will Radio is a digital media company and podcast network headquartered in New York City. Founded in 2016 by Will Malnati and Glee-star Jenna Ushkowitz, the company produces and curates high-quality audio presentations and podcasts for its clientele, in addition to creating and distributing original content for the podcast shows on its network.
History[edit | edit source]
At Will Radio was founded in early 2016. The original At Will Radio podcast roster consisted of four shows, including Ushkowitz' Infinite Positivities and Malnati's The Drop-In, as well as None Taken and Still Eating.
In June 2016, At Will Radio announced that The Secret Room had joined the podcast network during the show's successful first season. During its first season in Spring 2016, The Secret Room reached as high as #3 on the US iTunes Top Charts for Podcasts in the Personal Journals category, ranked behind only WBEZ’s This American Life, and Radiotopia's Criminal.
People[edit | edit source]
Will Malnati, an entrepreneur and restaurateur conceived At Will Radio after he realized that podcasts had begun to replace music in his audio library, causing him to feel a pull from one of his first passions — digital engineering and production. Having previously worked in digital production, at Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's film production company LivePlanet, and for MTV's Punk'd, Malnati saw great potential in podcasting as a medium.
At Will Radio's co-founder, Jenna Ushkowitz, played the role of Tina Cohen-Chang on the hit TV show Glee, and is a long-time Broadway actor. Her show Infinitie Positivities expands on topics from her 2013 book Choosing Glee, which discusses the power of positivity and presence.
Shows[edit | edit source]
|Infinite Positivities||Jenna Ushkowitz||Self-help||January 24, 2016|
|The Drop-In||Will Malnati||Society and culture||March 21, 2016|
|Still Eating||Josh Beckerman (a.k.a. The Foodie Magician)||Food and dining||January 26, 2016|
|None Taken||Chris Paul||Politics, philosophy and entertainment||February 17, 2016|
|The Secret Room||Ben Hamm and Dahlia Beta||Story-telling||February 20, 2016|
|The Love Bomb||Nico Tortorella||Love and Sexuality||September 13, 2016|
|That One Song||Missy Modell||Music||September 14, 2016|
|The Marrow||Josh Riebock||Arts and Culture||September 7, 2016|
- ^ The Secret Room was originally launched and independently produced by Ben Hamm and Dahlia Beta, before At Will Radio announced in June 2016 the podcast was moving to their network.
References[edit | edit source]
- Daum, Kevin (24 May 2016). "'Glee' Star Jenna Ushkowitz Shares 12 Things Millennials Can Do to Make Their Life Amazing". Inc. Magazine. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "The Secret Room podcast show joins At Will Radio network". Digital Journal. 4 June 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Infinite Positivities homepage". At Will Entertainment.
- "2015 Forbes 30 Under 30".
- "2013 Zagat 30 Under 30".
- "Unyielding Ambition: Will Malnati".
- Martin, Denise (April 26, 2009). "Video: 'Glee' team rewrites the school musical". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- "The Drop-In homepage". At Will Entertainment.
- "Still Eating homepage". At Will Entertainment.
- "None Taken homepage". At Will Entertainment.
- "The Secret Room homepage". At Will Entertainment.