The Pen Addict No. 79: Golden
Description[edit | edit source]
In this episode Brad and Myke touch on every topic under the sun; new Field Notes standard and special editions, Kickstarter pens, leather notebook cases, and the funding of Nock Co. Brad also does a quick run through of fountain pen 101 tips that have been on the listeners minds. 
Further Information[edit | edit source]
The Nock Co Kickstarter campaign was launched by podcast co-host Brad Dowdy and his business partner, Jeffrey Bruckwicki, on September 30, 2013. The campaign's goal of $5,000 was passed in the first hour, as reported in the project's first update. The launch was covered on The Pen Addict 74, which aired October 1, 2013. By the end of the campaign, it had raised $78,662 between 2,066 backers.
The success of this campaign allowed Dowdy and Bruckwicki to launch their new, carry-cases company, with a starting line of products, including :
- The Chimneytop, a pop-up zip case for carrying pens and pencils.
- The Maryapple, a two-memobook bi-fold case.
- The Lookout, a three-pen holster.
- The Hightower, a three + one bi-fold case.
- The Sassafras, a five-pen bi-fold case.
- The Brasstown, a zippered roll case.
Links & Show Notes[edit | edit source]
- 70Decibels - Enough - Ep 225 - Goodbye
- Nock Co. - Pen Cases Hand Made In The USA by NockCo — Kickstarter
- PITCH BLACK
- Full drink local - Field Nuts
- New Template: Supply — The Official Squarespace Blog
- Need — mykehurley.net
- The Apollo Technical Pen and Drafting Scale by Pranay & Paul — Kickstarter
- Studio Neat — Cosmonaut
- Products — One Star Leather Goods
- Twitter / Doxie: Happiness comes in textured ...
- Ink Nouveau: Fountain Pen 101
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Description taken from the official Pen Addict podcast page https://www.relay.fm/penaddict/79
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/637878316/nock-co-pen-cases-hand-made-in-the-usa/posts/613942
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/637878316/nock-co-pen-cases-hand-made-in-the-usa/description