Field Notes Drink Local
|Release Date:||First released::Fall 2013|
|Item No.:||Item No::FNC-20|
|Innards paper:||Paper used::Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White"|
|Edition Size:||Edition size::10,000 of each pack|
|Official Page:||Field Notes Drink Local|
Description[edit | edit source]
The 20th edition, Drink Local, features heavyweight New Page Sterling Premium 120# covers with a soft touch varnish, giving them a soft, almost rubbery feel. The logo is varnished with a contrasting gloss, and each book is colored to represent a different brew, with a brief history of each style of beer on the back cover. Inside is our acclaimed Finch Opaque Smooth 50# text paper, with a “Hefeweizen” yellow-orange graph grid. It’s all bound together with bright gold staples.
There are two 3-Pack versions available: Ales and Lagers, limited to 10,000 3-Packs each. Ales features Stout (dark brown-black), Amber Ale (warm red), and India Pale Ale (rusty orange). Lagers features Pilsner (gold), Bock (brown), and Pale Lager (pale yellow).
Included in the packs were two pub-style coasters printed on a vintage press by Liz Isakson-Dado.
Subscribers receive a 6-pack carrier to carry both the sets of memo books, the "Ales" (FNC-20a) and "Lagers" (FNC-20b).
Reception[edit | edit source]
Paper[edit | edit source]
Specifications[edit | edit source]
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
02. Cover: New Page Sterling Premium 120#C “Dull” printed with six soy-based Toyo inks with an overall “soft touch” varnish and gloss-varnished logos.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T “Bright White,” with a 1-color application of “Hefeweizen” light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 “Stitchmaster” 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
07. Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
08. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm).
09. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
10. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
References and Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.